Monday, February 20, 2012

First Homeware Review

The Mister and I have been slowly working on our house. We, and by we, I mostly mean myself, purchased various furniture, kitchen gadgets, and other home related products for the last few weeks. Since I'm currently very excited and slightly obsessed in making this house a home, I thought I will start a short bi-weekly post on my thoughts and reviews of our purchases. I'm by no means an expert but I do know what I like and would love to share my opinions. So here we go with the first review!

I ordered a white porcelain Gibson Montreat 16-Piece Dinner Set on Fab for a few cents over $25 (after shipping and using my credits). Before I say anything, I wanted to share that I love love love white kitchenware, especially with hobnails. When I found the white Montreat, I was enamored with the style and price. It came with 4 of each pieces seen below:

To my dismay, the collection was not as beautiful as it was in the photo. I was immediately disappointed when I opened the package. In fact, I was so sad, I kept them in the box for one week and forgot to check if I could return them. Although the white was a nice white, the hobnails were not as prominent as the photos made it looked. The pattern was indistinct and flat, which was a BIG turn-off. In terms of quality, it is not the greatest. One of my mugs now have a long, thin crack in the porcelain after using it for about a week; but who knows, maybe it was a bad egg. Luckily, it is still usable. I suppose it is decent for what I paid for but it did not leave me satisfied. I will hunt for another one after I feel like it's time I can go out to get a new one.

Sadly, I don't recommend this product. You are better off paying a bit more for a much better one. If any of you are also looking for something like this, I found a very nice set at the Target store (I cannot find it online to show you). Found some you like? Please share with me!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

The Info in the blog is out of this world, I so want to read more. urbanities.com.au

Unknown said...

Nice answers in replace of the question with real point of view and explaining about that. bubblegumcasting

jhoney said...

Very Useful information, this is both good reading for, have quite a few good key points and I learn some new stuff from it too.
HayCompras

kiranjee17 said...

I do feel it is in the best interests of everyone to express my opinion here. And to that end I feel it has been a great success! Maybe I Shall do it more in the future for the enjoyment of others.
Sleeping Tablets Online

mical3211 said...

Other than the sightings and testimonials, there have been many circumstances of human beings who were kidnapped by aliens from their spaceships.
Buy Sleeping Tablets

jhoney said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremelBuy 1 Million Facebook Fans
y helpful for me.

jhoney said...

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information...
buy stilnoct online cheap

jhoney said...

Click here to visit the official Michael Fiore Online Allure Formula website to purchase and download the Online Allure Formula PDF ebook and complete guide to meeting amazing men online.
salt lake city snowboarding